Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Update


Friday
Man I sure did start out with a busy one on Friday. I was at the school on Friday from 8-5 with meetings and class all day long. I came up with a great idea that all students that stay to suffer through therapeutics until 5pm on a Friday, when the entire campus is empty, should receive some sort of extra credit. Now if only I could find a way to propose this to the professors and get them to listen. Any Ideas?

After class I ran home for a quick power nap before our Kappa Psi pinning ceremony. So welcome to the family my long-time friend who we will call her My Little B. Lucky for me I have know her my entire life since we grew up 40 miles apart and participated in 4H and FFA together since we were about 9 years old! My Little B is a first year pharmacy student and my new Little for KY. She is from the country and says y'all just like me, you will absolutely love her! If I had a few words to describe her I would say she is: hilarious, laid back, sweet, and one of my favorite people in this crazy town we live in! Y'all get ready to start hearing some more My Little B stories.


After the pinning, a group of us went out to eat at Chili's and for some country dancing at the Dirty Bourbon! This was of course my first time out dancing since my Egypt trip and I absolutely had a ball! Thank God for country music!

Saturday
First thing in the morning, we had a short 15 minute Generation Rx presentation to some high school students. It went great and we even stuck around for a little game with them! After that it was off to Hobby Lobby to buy supplies for My Little B costume she has to wear during pledge week. Now y'all know I enjoy crafts and feathers so I decided to make her big feather hair clip to wear. I think it worked out pretty cute myself!!


There will be some pictures of her all decked out in her apparel coming soon! After craft time was over, I did a little studying and hit up the gym. I know shocker I haven't been to the gym in a week, but hey my routine is starting ASAP! After the gym I went to eat dinner with one of my high school girlfriends who we will call Bob. It was a much needed Saturday night with her! Oh and on my way to Bob's house I took some pictures of the beautiful sky art!

Sunburst outside my house!
Driving to Bob's house!
Beautiful sunset at Bob's house!
Sunday
Ok, sunday was pretty laid back. I did some computer work in the morning then spent most of the afternoon waiting for the TV people to show up. Yes you heard me right, our TV is not working. It messed up on Thursday and the dad gum people couldn't show up to fix it until Sunday afternoon. Laker Lover and I were not the least bit impressed with them!

Sunday evening we met up with one of our old organic chemistry friends from state, Dr. L! Dr. L is one of our friends from NMSU that moved up here for med school. It was so nice seeing her again and catching up.

I had an absolutely wonderful weekend! It could not of been any better!!

I hope everybody else's weekend was equally as great!

4 comments:

  1. So happy to be your "Little B!" Haha sounds like I'll be your slave lol. I'm excited for what's to come!! Love ya!

    -Little B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree that you should totally get extra credit for staying on campus until 5 on Friday. That's the worst. I remember one year it was the last day of finals and my last final was scheduled for 7 pm on Friday! Everyone else was home with their fams getting ready for christmas and campus was deserted. I pretty much hated my life in that moment. Just fond your blog and have really enjoyed getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I'm serious about the three of us getting together for dinner. Let's make this happen.

    2. There was Dirty Bourbon dancing and I didn't get an invite?? Listen here, Curry County kids..... :)

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous sunset! If I could watch a sunset like that every single night, I would!

    ReplyDelete