Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Girl Between the Lines

Girl Between the Lines Link up

Today I am linking up Lauren at The Albrechts Blog and Hayley at A Beautiful Exchange for The Girl Between the Lines. Every week they do a new prompt for you to write about on Wednesdays. This weeks prompt was, "Share one of your favorite photos and the story behind it."

This one was easy for me, by far one of the funnest nights of my life was Halloween 2012! Welcome back to the blog, Lil' Dulce:


Whenever I went to college one of the things I was most looking forward to was, Halloween. Now I had your typical college halloween costumes, but this one was by far my favorite. For those of y'all who have no idea what that (Lil' Dulce) is, she is a chola. Being from New Mexico, I have gotten pretty good at my hispanic accent, so from there the idea was born. I got online and googled chola make up for the inspiration, borrowed some clothes from some one of my guy friends and perfected the accent.

For those of y'all who do not know me, the picture on the left is generally how I look on a regular basis and the right is obviously Lil' Dulce. It took me 2 hours to get ready, which included glueing coffee filters over my eyebrows, caking on the foundation, lip liner and penciling on my eyebrows. After I was finally painted up, I went out and met up with some friends. I have friends that I see everyday at school that I was standing right next to and they had no idea who I was. I had complete conversations (in character of course) with friends and they all had no idea who I was. Heck, even the friends that I knew I was coming as Lil' Dulce still had no idea who I was. It was certainly one of the funnest nights I have had. 

What is some of yall's favorite Halloween costumes?



6 comments:

  1. Still the funniest Halloween costume I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like if you ever needed to go into witness protection that you would do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can see why your friends didn't recognize you. Great costume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is far cooler than any Halloween costume I have ever wore! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm, wow!! What a transformation--you're really good at creating a whole different look with makeup! :P My husband talks about cholos and cholas because that's the culture he comes from, but I wouldn't have recognized what you were supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha. This is great!! My sister goes all out for costumes--I'll have to send her this link! You did an awesome job and it was hilarious thinking about you talking to people you knew when they had no idea! :)

    ReplyDelete