Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Week Long Fun

The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow.
Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.
--Eminem


This week has been absolutely crazy for me! I celebrated my 1st annual 21st birthday on Monday! I must say that I was completely overwhelmed with the love and affection I received from my friends and family! Absolutely amazed by the number of terrific people in my life and I am blessed to know each and every one of y'all :) Thank you all for making my birthday the best one yet!


Pharmacy school doesn't really care if it is your birthday or not so I spent my entire day in class then all night studying for my test on Tuesday. Lucky for me this week only has 2 tests this week and I was able to celebrate with my friends last night!


Tomorrow night or I guess you could say Friday morning I am going to be joining thousand of others across the nation to go watch the Hunger Games! If you have not read the books, I encourage you to check them out. They are a super easy read and slightly addicting. I am certainly not what you would call a book worm and I was able to complete the trilogy in 4 days with one of them spent driving all day. So if I can do it, I know all y'all can as well!


When I started pharmacy school I was able to become a member of Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity! I know who would have thought me as part of the Greek family. To be completely honest I thought the same thing until I started hanging out with some of my future 'brothers'. I ended up joining and it has been absolutely wonderful! I have met brothers from across the nation and have developed some of the best friendships through Kappa Psi. Well this weekend our chapter is hosting a regional meeting here in the Duke city! Needless to say I am stoked for this weekend!!

Sunday morning bright and early, well probably around 2 am, Laker Lover, another friend and I are going to be driving to OKC to watch the Miami Heat v. OKC Thunder game! As I am sure you can pick up from the name 'Laker Lover' that my lovely roommate is a Laker and Kobe fanatic! She has been going to games for the past decade and could tell you Kobe stats from his rookie season. She has recently persuaded me to start following the NBA. My chosen is the Miami Heat and before you start in on me, NO I am not jumping on the bandwagon. I actually have been following D-Wade on and off the court. Along with his charity, Wade's World Foundation, he is also an avid supporter for St. Jude's and for those of you who don't know St. Jude's is my chose charity as well. Just another reason to support him and the Heat.


I hope y'all are having just as much of a wonderfully blessed week as I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment