Monday, March 26, 2012

You I Am Music

I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity.
It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from,
everyone loves music.
--Billy Joel


This weekend was by far one of the funnest and busiest weekends I have had in a long time! As I get photos upload I will share some of the highlights from Kappa's Psi Last Province IX meeting and the Heat v. Thunder game, so stay tuned :)


Oh a side note I have a video I want to share with y'all. Some of my good friends have a friend in med school at UNM and also a really good rap artist. I encourage all of y'all to go check out his music, You I Am Music. Along with his other youtube videos, he recently made a music video remix with a group of his classmates to Chris Brown's song, Look At Me Now.


Their video was developed to raise money for a charity, One Hope Centro de Vida Health Center. You can learn more about it and donate by clicking here. This video has been extremely popular getting lots of attention, it was even shown on KOB-TV and mentioned on 93.3 KOB FM.


As I listened to the music and their lyrics I was amazed! They did a phenomenal job with it, and if you are interested in the medical field you will really appreciate it. Along with the other lyrics, there is a popular line, "I'm fresher than a pharm student." As you can imagine that is getting lots of interest as well, especially from the pharmacy students.


Now maybe it is just my inner gangsta coming out, but I loved the video and think that was just another one of the lines used to fit the beat. Also kudos to the guys rapping in the video, y'all were great! Now if I was talented enough to spit some lyrics I would love to film a rebuttal video, but until them keep up the good work! :) Best of luck with gathering donations y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment