Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Time Recap

It's a smile, it's a kiss, it's a sip of wine..... IT'S SUMMER TIME!
-Kenny Chesney

Ladies and Gents....I apologize for being MIA lately, but sh*t has been crazy! So let’s do a “little” recap on all the happenings. I don’t exactly remember where I left y’all off at, but the last few weeks of school included all kind of fun activities!
Sand volleyball tournament with all the different north campus schools (Pharmacy, Nursing, Med, Law, PT/OT, etc.)
Kickball tournament with the different Pharmacy classes
Got to see Mr. Paul Moya give another speech and yes this one made me cry again
Watched my darling cousin get 3rd in the State Softball tournament. Whooohoooo go MVCS!
Had a day of pampering including a massage, hair appointment, and pedicure. (Don’t judge me it was well deserved after finals! Or at least that is what I told myself.)
Watched my dear friend Ms. Nascar graduate from Pharmacy school! Let me tell you how cool that was. It was so inspiration to see the commencement ceremonies and know that in 2 short years I will be there as well! I cannot wait!! Y’all start the countdown for me :)
Finally, I left the big city in the rear view mirror and headed out to the ranch for my summer rotation! Well I had to do that twice (yes you are about to hear a blonde moment). So I get all my junk, which consists of clothes baskets packed full of clothes (I HATE PACKING!!), loaded up and get 60 miles out of town, when I suddenly remember that I forgot my Intern license. For those of you who aren’t familiar with pharmacy school rotations, I have 4 weeks, 160 hours, of free work and I can’t do the rotation without my license. So smart ‘ol me had to make a lovely U-turn and drive an extra 120 miles to get my license. Well despite the little tour, I had a lovely drive. My rotation went great and I am glad to say all 4 weeks of it passed by at lightning speed! I am officially ready for my summer to start!! Whoohooo :)
During my rotation I was fortunate enough to spend the 4 weeks with my father's parents at out at the ranch and I thoroughly enjoyed that!
After my rotation was over I was supposed to go camping with my mother's side of the family, but unfortunately due to all the fires going on we had to cancel the trip. Y'all make sure and keep all the men and women fighting these fires (Whitewater-Baldy [it is the biggest in state history, google it!] and Little Bear) in your prayers! They certainly deserve a big thanks from all of us!!
Well I think I recapped enough of what y'all missed. I apologize for missing out on all those pictures, but once I get back to civilization I will work better on this blog thing. In the mean time, I hope y'all are just having the best summer! Enjoy every single bit of it :)

1 comment:

  1. SO jealous of your summer back home!! Sounds like you're having a blast! :) Glad you took a minute to blog--I miss reading about your adventures!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete