Monday, January 28, 2013

Spiritual Healing

But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.
--Deuteronomy 4:29

I started off this year working on becoming a better person and strengthening my relationship with God. In an effort to help with that, I decided to start doing a few new things in my daily routine. The first thing you guys read about was adopting a soldier, I am also writing down one good thing from each day, and reading a couple daily devotionals. I had purchased a great devotional by Joyce Meyer then had my friend Lovely Country Mess, from Take Time to Smell the Cowpies, was sweet enough to send me a copy of her favorite devotional, so I am set. They are going great by the way and I am planning on talking about a few of my favorite days later in the year, so keep on the look out!

It is amazing how much different your day can turn out when you start it off right in worship. So I thought I would share a few of my favorite bible verses with y'all and ask you guys to share a few of your favorites as well.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strenghten you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray continually,
give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
the evidence of things not seen.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your heart and your minds in Christ Jesus.


What are a few of yall's favorite bible verses?

2 comments:

  1. Proverbs 3:5-6 is my favoritest ever! But I also like
    Proverbs 31:30
    "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
    Jeremiah 1:7-8
    "But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, I am too young.' you must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you."
    1 Corinthians 13:13
    And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."
    And then basically all of James!

    I really got into that comment.. oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Lauren!! Good for you!

    (You'll read about this on my blog next week, but I kicked off the year by going to church every day for a week....it was amazing!)

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete