Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Another One Bites The Dust


As many of you know, today is my birthday. Yep, that's right I am turning the big 2-3! Now I am not one of those people that really freaks out about age (well at least not yet), but I do have a little unease about today. I am turning 23 and as I reflect back on 22, nothing significant that I did is sticking out in my head. What did I do this past year? Who did I make an impact on? How did I change someone else's life for the better?

Since Lovely Country Mess was with me this weekend, she got to hear the slight freaking out that I did. Thank goodness for good friends in our moments of weakness, right?!? She was sweet enough to point out to me that I may not feel like I have accomplished anything this past year, but I have. I have traveled the world and the United States promoting the profession I love. I have witnessed true love and shared many laughs with the best people in the world. I have seen wonders of the world and international events. I have dressed up in disguise and supported and prayed for a complete stranger.

I have had one of my best years of my life so far and simply over looked it, why? It is so easy for us to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of our everyday life and simply overlook the finer things. Now I certainly can't go back a year and take notice to all the wonderful opportunities I was able to experience, but I can change my future. I can take a better notice to all blessings I experience in this upcoming year. I can take the time out of each day to truly appreciate life's smaller things. I can make a difference, and I will! I challenge each of you to take the same initiative in the upcoming year!

God bless you all and here's to another great year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, friend!! I absolutely love this. It's so true, isn't it? You can look back on a year and overlook all of the things that are really important because they get lost in the hustle and bustle of every day. You are doing big things--don't forget that! :)

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweet girl! I agree!! One way I have started doing this is carrying one of those beautiful little note pads from Hobby Lobby in my purse and every time I recieve a blessing I write it down. As I read back through, I am so surprised how many wonderful things I would have forgotten.
    Hugs! Lindy

    ReplyDelete